Thursday 31 October 2013

The Road to Antwerp – Crisis 2013

Just a brief update to mention that by this time tomorrow I shall be on the road to Antwerp with Richard, Biffo and Noddy, heading to the Crisis 2013 show on Saturday hosted by the Tin Soldiers of Antwerp.


This has been one of the highlights of my wargaming year since 2009 and is always a great show, bringing the very best of European wargaming together in one place. Added to this hobby incentive is the city of Antwerp itself, surely one of the most attractive of North European cities and always very welcoming.

After last year’s disastrous work avalanche which prevented me getting to Crisis 2012, I’ve had an equally frantic October 2013 but after several late nights in the office, the coast is clear for an early departure tomorrow.

This year’s game will (I understand) be “Chain of Command” in the Western Desert. I’ve dusted off some desert terrain from a few years back specially.



"Ahh…….Effendi…come closer, please…..I am seeing just how wonderful these fine carpets would look in your English Mansion….very reasonably priced and they would most certainly fit perfectly on the back of your armoured car …..I see you are interested in the delicious selection of dried fruits and eggs which my third wife has assembled at her stall….please....try one….delicious….yes?"

I understand my fellow travelling companions have assembled some more ... er ... military themed figures and terrain.

I very much look forward to seeing a few of you this weekend!

Tot binnenkort!

11 comments:

  1. Suitably jealous . Maybe next year. Have a great time Sidney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good time Sidney! May be one year I'll make it along too.
    Cheers
    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  3. On my must do list - but not this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good one my friend, I would like to make Crisis before I kick the bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun Sidney. I got to Crisis a few years back and it really was a great show, and the people from Tin Soldiers of Antwerp have to be some of the friendliest people I've ever met. Looking forward to seeing pictures of this year's event. Hopefully I'll see you there next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the show, Sidney and bring a tonne of photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous time, maybe one year I'll make it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sidney,

    hope to finally shake hands with you on Saturday!

    cheers

    Jur

    ReplyDelete
  9. See you tomorrow!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great little terrain pieces. Look forward to seeing some pictures of the Western Desert game Sidney.
    Cheers,
    Pat.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...